Challenge!

Who is Gerald Palmer?


From: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerald-palmer-msw-996063b7/

With a vast background in social service, spirituality, addressing social and multi-cultural issues and LGBT awareness, I use transparency and humor to address overcoming child abuse, mental illness and racism.

I am a seasoned social worker, social activist, educator, lecturer and minister.

I am devoted to helping individuals and organizations become more self aware about their strengths, prejudices and personal beliefs by using tools of self awareness including self work. It is my belief that we strengthen humanity when we become of aware of why we believe what we believe and if we challenge those beliefs that do not foster understanding and acceptance of others. Self awareness is key to work place and organizational harmony.

Umar Johnson


You all remember this infamous video, don't you?


Go from 5 minutes and 29 seconds to about 5 minutes and 53 seconds


In the video above, Umar Johnson claims the following:

I've been asked by homosexuals and lesbians to have a conversation with them on their radio shows.  I normally accept the invitation for respectful dialogue.  I don't run from the opportunity if it's going to be respectful (emphasis mine).


Start at 7 minutes and 30 seconds and go to 7 minutes and 55 seconds

In that sequence, Umar Johnson says:

No one will challenge me directly because I will eat them up for breakfast.  No white scholar will dare debate me.  No Black scholar will dare debate me on these issues because they know I'm 100% accurate.

Oh?

From:  https://twitter.com/RevGeraldPalmer

The Challenge

Below is the text of the written challenge from Gerald Palmer sent to Umar Johnson.

Dear Dr. Umar Johnson,

I would like to formally introduce myself to you even though this is not my first time contacting you.


My name is Gerald Palmer and I am a current Social Worker of 16 years and a Licensed and Ordained Christian Minister of 14 of those years. You were brought to my attention via a video that was recorded of you in Kansas City, Kansas. In that video as in others before it, you use your authority as a Child Clinical Psychologist to state that homosexuality is a result of trauma when it comes to black people.

This statement of yours along with your statement that homosexuality is a disease on the black community are  not only inaccurate, they are dangerous and truly not supported by the field of psychology or any other field on the social welfare spectrum.

On social media and in videos you proclaim that no other scholar or professional will personally challenge you because you will eat them up in a debate.

Sir this is my request to you for a public debate with you on this issue and any other issue that you would like to debate regarding our people. I believe that many of your teachings are dangerous for the black community because they are loaded with misinformation, conspiracy theories and bigotry relating to such issues as; women rights, sexual abuse, sexual orientation and sexuality.

So again, I respectfully request a debate on these issues. We can agree to the location or we can debate via telephone, skype, and etc.

Respectfully,


Gerald


From:  Facebook.com Gerald Palmer on January 24, 2018


So, why do you think Umar Johnson has not accepted this challenge?






Trueblackanonymous You Tube Channel
@BLKAnonymous

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I hope this is useful. Please, pardon any spelling errors. I'll go back and correct them when I have the chance.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Mamma Number Three...

A Fraction of A Man

Generic Order