Nickel Slick...

Umar thinks he's slick, but if you really listen you will hear Umar Johnson talk in circles.


For instance, in the video referenced below, Umar says that he can't understand why it's even relevant that he does or does not have a doctorate when 99.9% of those on the 'conscious' circuit don't have much formal education at all.  So, Umar wonders, why are people asking about his degrees when no one else on the 'conscious' circuit has a degree?

Uh, because YOU, Umar Johnson, SAID you had six degrees and it is those degrees that supposed to make you an expert in your lecture topics.  That's why it's relevant!

But anyway, he further doesn't understand why people would question him (because of course, NO ONE should question Umar Johnson), because he posted pictures of himself and his family at his graduation on his social media.

NEWSFLASH!  Pictures, not to mention commencement programs, are not PROOF of one obtaining a degree.  And does anyone else remember Umar charging people to see a commencement program as proof of his degree and calling people who questions his credentials 'bottom feeders.'



Let's go on...

The interview says, "They can easily go and remove all proof...I went to find proof myself and I couldn't find it...because the internet is the internet and can be manipulated."

I'm wondering why every other licensed, professional psychologist can be found in a database on the internet, EXCEPT Umar Johnson.  Oh!  It's because someone is working against Umar to manipulate the entire internet so that 'Negroes' can't find his credentials.

"There's no national register, well there is one, but there's no national register that the public can access to determine if someone has a degree or not."

So is there a national register or not?

"You'll have to contact the degree-granting institution as a lot of Negroes have done.  They've been calling all three of these colleges 'cause the white folks have been calling me.  Umar, what's going on?  Why are your people keep calling, asking of you have degrees?"

White folks are calling Umar to tell him that 'his people' are questioning his education?  Please, NO ONE said that to Umar, but let's keep going.

"It's an embarrassment to me because I got Black folks going to white folks asking if I have the degrees I claim to have."

Claim?  And since Umar says he went to Predominately White Institutions (PWIs), where else would Black folks, or any other folks for that matter, go to verify Umar's credentials?

Well...

"But I'll give you two pieces of information that might help explain the confusion.  I was a nationally certified school psychologist until 2012."

Umar chose not to renew his certification because it is a voluntary membership.

But wait, is certification the same as membership?

But anyways...

"I felt that I shouldn't be paying into a professional organization that wasn't doing anything about the special education and the ADHD wars against Black children.  The national certification is a voluntary certification.  You don't practice because you have a national certification, you practice because you have a certification in the state.  The national certification is just a professional group."

HUH?  Now, I understand how a membership in a professional organization is voluntary, but how is a certification 'voluntary'?  And if a certification is voluntary, and you voluntarily decided to give up your certification, how is it that you are writing books and giving lectures with a 'certification' you've voluntarily gave up?

Okay...

"I don't have a license as a clinical psychologist and I probably won't get a license because I don't think that the 'white folks' are going to approve me for a license."

So how is he showing a book cover with himself being listed as having the credentials below:

Doctor of Clinical Psychology
Certified School Psychologist
Special Education Expert

And...

I wonder if he's practicing without a license when he's consulting with parents via telephone and taking Paypal (and not insurance) payments.

And...

I wonder if these are the same white folks who were so concerned about 'Negroes' calling his colleges and universities and asking about Umar's degrees.

Picking up...

"But at this point in the game, with my reputation amongst white folks, I don't think they gonna give me no license.  I don't think I'm gonna walk that road.  Since I practice as a school psychologist and my work is mostly with our kids, I'm gonna keep on doing that."

Hmmm...Umar couldn't do the required internship and sit for the licensure examination like any other doctoral candidate?  Is Umar saying that even if he took the time to fulfill all the requirements to obtain a doctorate and a license to practice, the 'white folks' still wouldn't grant him a license?

"Because I'm not licensed, people think I don't have a doctorate in clinical psychology.  One is an education credential and the other is a license.  You could have a doctorate in medicine and not be a licensed physician.  I know people who have a law degree but they didn't pass the bar.  One is education and one is the right to practice.

So, I have two questions:

  1. When Umar is taking these phone calls every Tuesday, is he practicing without a license?  
  2. When he's taking calls from and giving advice to, people in, say, Missouri, if he's certified in Pennsylvania, is that illegal?

Moving on...

"Them white folks put me through hell to get my doctorate.  It took me 8 years to get a 5-year degree even though I was the first in my class with my research, because of the discriminatory treatment.  So when Black folks question whether I earned this.  I put blood, sweat and tears in that so it bothers you because it's your own people."

Those pesky Negroes...

I wonder why a person would put "blood, sweat, and tears" into something and not complete his work by taking the licensing examination.

Going on...

"White folks don't say anything 'cause THEY can find it.  It's easy.  The first thing they do when they invite me to a college is they vet my education.  That's the first thing they do.  So when you see me at Howard, Morgan, Bowie State and all these different white schools, you think they brought me on campus and introduced me as a doctor of psychology and didn't check my background, given the message I'm bringing, you think white folks ain't gonna make sure I got my paperwork?  That doesn't even make sense.  The first thing they do is 'give me your resume so we can check...' "

Okay, I must have gotten lost in the sauce.


  1. So is Umar saying that white folks can verify his background and implying that 'Negroes' can't find out what his background is?  This makes me wonder if 'Negroes' can't verify his background because they are lazy, trifling, dusty, etc.?
  2. These are the same white folks who put Umar through 'hell' because of their discriminatory treatment of him?
  3. So the HBCUs like Howard and Morgan can vet his background, so they are excluded from the section of 'Negroes' who can't find what the white folks find?
  4. He gives his resume to the 'white folks' readily, but he insults, name-calls and denigrates 'Negroes' who want to see his resume?


WHEW....that is a lot!  And that is just the first 10 minutes.

I really wish this interviewer asked more critical questions, bless him.

Do the best you can to hold on to your meal.  I'm at a loss for words right now.  Have mercy!











Trueblackanonymous You Tube Channel
@BLKAnonymous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Mamma Number Three...

A Fraction of A Man

Generic Order