My Goodness...I'm So Sorry...

I am very sorry to say that some of our most loved and respected media personalities have been, to paraphrase our good brother, Malcolm X, hoodwinked, bamboozled,  and led astray.

I feel the need to apologize to Roland Martin, Rock Newman, Boyce Watkins, and our brothers and sister at the Breakfast Club, as well as other Black people in the media who have been duped.

Why?

For Umar Johnson.

I'm not saying that I'm responsible for Umar Johnson and his tomfoolery.   Goodness knows I'm not.

What I am is so sorry that our loved and respected media personalities and outlets have been taken in by a fraud.

I'm sorry that, generally speaking, Black folks seem to be more impressed by style than by substance.

I'm so sorry that keeping up with Umar Johnson's antics seems to be a full-time job.

What do I mean?

Have you seen Umar Johnson's appearance on the Breakfast Club?  No?  You may want to spare yourselves.  I'm just saying...But if you want to watch it...

The highlights?

  • He says that the late president of Cuba, Fidel Castro, was racist..
  • He says that it's a fact that the late Fidel Castro was an Italian.
  • He says that George Washington, along with Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson, wrote the United States Constitution
  • He likens pastors of churches to FBI agents
Okay...

Firstly, please look at the pictures below.

Fidel Castro with Malcolm X circa September, 1960

Fidel Castro with Nelson Mandela


Fidel Castro and Muhammad Ali in September, 1998

I can see how Umar can interpret the late Fidel Castro as a racist....*insert sarcastic chortle here*

Secondly, please read the document linked here for your consideration to read about the origins of the family of Fidel Castro.  If you like, click the link here to see a summary of the Spanish origin of Fidel Castro, which goes back several generations to the same region of Spain.  Or, if you are able to, go to your local public library and ask to find a reference item called the Encyclopedia of Latin American History and Culture. If it is not physically available, it may be available electronically.

I'll bet you one dollar that there isn't an Italian in sight in the account of Fidel Castro's family history, since Fidel is a white Hispanic whose family originated from Spain.  But Umar claims that it is a FACT that Fidel Castro is Italian on the Breakfast Club.  And even if Fidel Castro was Italian, so what?  I mean, what was the point in even saying it?

By the way, Umar is scheduled to go on a trip to Cuba.  I wonder how Cubans will receive Umar Johnson after calling the late Fidel Alejandro Castro Ruz a racist?

When you are done, please consider the item linked here, to see who is credited with the writing of the United States Constitution, which include Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, John Adams and
Thomas Paine.  George Washington is credited with overseeing the Constitutional Convention which took place in Philadelphia (Umar Johnson's hometown, by the way) that took place between May 5 and September 17, 1787.  I found nothing that stated that George Washington had a hand in writing the United States Constitution.

Alexander Hamilton, along with John Jay and James Madison, were credited with writing the Federalist Papers. Hamilton was not credited with writing the United States Constitution, but is credited with coming up with the ideology that formed the Constitution.

Alright, once you have swallowed all of this, if you can, please consider the fact that Umar Johnson basically called pastors of churches with medium sized and large congregations FBI AGENTS, citing former president George W. Bush and faith-based initiatives.  Then after calling pastors de facto FBI agents, he advertised his speaking engagement AT A CHURCH.

I can't make this up!  I'm not that good.

But my goodness...I am so very sorry.


Brown Memorial Baptist Church, Brooklyn, NY








Trueblackanonymous You Tube Channel
@BLKAnonymous

Comments

  1. Did he REALLY say Fidel Castro is a racist? Please give me the time stamp in the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Umar said that Fidel Castro was a racist at about 22 minutes and 38 second in the video shown above.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Mamma Number Three...

A Fraction of A Man

Generic Order