Part II of Does a Professional Therapist, School Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist Speak This Way?

Greetings, Family.

I'd like to continue on with my stream of consciousness processing of the video below.  I don't even know what I'm going to write just yet.  I'm simply going to follow my heart on this one, because there is just SO MUCH WRONG in this video.  So, I hope you bear with me and charge any mistakes I may make to my head and not my heart.

Here I go!




In a great portion of this video, Umar discusses the various sites, museums, historical places, and other places that are significant to the history of Black people, Africans, in North America.  I have no issue whatsoever, with taking children to see these sites, learning the history of them, and learning their meaning in the history of our people in these United States.

However, I do have some observations.

In the video, Umar claims that the tour will cost about $3,000 per child.  But he's only charging the parents $2,000.  So it seems that out of the goodness of his heart, he is covering the difference.

So, where is Umar getting the money to 'cover' the difference?  What is Umar's source(s) of income?

OH!  I suppose it could be from the donations that well-intended people give because they think they are doing something positive for our children.  Bless them.

Another concern I have is that we really don't know who Umar is, now do we?  I mean, really, do we know if he's Umar Johnson?  Could he be Umar Rashad Abdullah-Johnson?  Maybe he's Umar Abdullah-Johnson?  Or is he Jermaine Shoemake?  Who IS he?

Now far be it for me to try to tell other folk what to do with their children.  But if I were a parent, I wouldn't send my child on this trip.

Why?

  1. Because I don't know who this man is!  
  2. Because I wouldn't trust my child a man who cannot definitively say who he is!  
  3. Because I wouldn't trust my child with a man who acts a blasted fool when questioned!

I have one more question.  Could Umar pass the same background check that one would have to pass, for instance, to be a teacher's aide in a public school anywhere in this country?  Who will be chaperoning on this two-week bus tour?  Could they pass a background check?  I wonder.

I wonder if, of all the colleges he says that he's taking the children to visit know he's coming with these children?  Do any college presidents, deans, provosts, or full time professors know what Umar is doing with these children on their campuses?  Has Umar met with any deans or professors of psychology from any of these universities?  Or is Umar working through student groups?

Umar says that the young people will be tested on all of the sites and people they'll learn about on this bus tour and if they don't pass the test, they will not be able to go to Great Adventures.  So I wonder what the children who failed this "test" will be doing while the other children are having a great time at Great Adventures?

Lastly, why would Umar go to the Underground Railroad Center after being so critical of it and after the statement made from the Ross-Tubman family, which can be found on this blog.  Why would Umar visit the Frederick Douglass site in Rochester, NY, after the Bailey/Douglass family statements.

There is just so many unanswered questions and things I wonder about that I would NOT, I repeat, would NOT recommend any parent to send their children on this bus trip.


Trueblackanonymous You Tube Channel
@BLKAnonymous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Mamma Number Three...

A Fraction of A Man

Generic Order