Yes or No...

Have you ever been to therapy?  Have you ever spoken with a therapist to find out how therapy works?

Well, I have had the fortune to speak with people, Black people, who are professionals in the field of psychology, who teach, research, counsel, and perform therapy.  And I asked them some questions.

The first question I asked is if it's appropriate for a client or potential client to ask the therapist for proof of his or her education, certifications, credentials, training, etc.

The answer is yes.

Secondly, I asked if it is appropriate for a therapist to use social media to demean, name-call, attempt to publicly shame or embarrass people, disrespect people who ask him for his or her credentials, who have a professional disagreement with him or her, or people with whom he or she has a personal disagreement.

The answer is no.

Thirdly, I asked if it's ethical for a therapist or psychologist to record and post counseling sessions on social media.

The answer is no.

Next, I asked if a psychologist or therapist should pressure a client or a group of clients to support his or her outside projects.

The answer is no.

Then, I asked if a psychologist or therapist should be cursing at people, asking clients or potential clients, for sex, home-cooked meals, massages, or 'wife resumes.'

The answer is no.

Then, I asked if a psychologist or therapist should sell his or her clients hats, t-shirts, backpacks, and so on?

The answer is no.

Of course, I asked if it's appropriate for a psychologist or a therapist to denigrate people who don't practice or believe what he or she believes, regardless of the psychologist's or therapist's personal opinions or beliefs.

The answer is no.

Lastly, I asked if it's appropriate for a psychologist or a therapist to discuss his personal sexual practices during a counseling session or a lecture when he or she is speaking in his or her professional capacity.  An example of this is "I've never masturbated a day in my life."

By the way, Umar Johnson, in a You Tube video posted on February 5, 2017, said that very quote.

Start at about 23 minutes and go to about 25 minutes for that "gem"

Of course, the answer is no.  By the way, why does Umar Johnson think anyone cares about what he does with his willy?

Does a real, professional psychologist or therapist, start a session by advertising his or her paid events?

The answer is no.

Does a psychologist or therapist tell someone to "sit down and shut up and you might learn something, my dusty hoteper before I block you on my page" during a 'lesson' or 'counseling session'?

The answer is no.

In the video above, at about 27 minutes in, Umar Johnson does that.


Please consider this chart before you seek therapy from anyone.

Now, good people, I ask you, what professional therapist or counselor actually does the things?

This all happened during a 'lesson' on addiction.  Is this Umar Johnson's area of expertise?  I seriously doubt it, since he's been billing himself as a school psychologist and a child therapist.

Can Umar prove his credentials?  Well, so far, he hasn't.  He has, however, proven time and again that he is a phony who is exploiting our people.

My last question, to us as a collective, is when are we going to put a stop to this nonsense once and for all?






Trueblackanonymous You Tube Channel
@BLKAnonymous

Comments

  1. this guy is crazy in his self delusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems so. No real professional would behave the way Umar does, with the 'wife resumes', name-calling, no proof of what he says, etc. I just ask when are folks going to decide enough is enough.

      Delete
  2. Enough is enough! I knew he completely lost his mind as soon as he put on that Frederick Douglass lace front LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Mamma Number Three...

A Fraction of A Man

Generic Order