Umar Wants to Turn Our Boys into 'Alpha Males'?

I've been paying attention to the idea of Black men who advance the concept of the 'Alpha male.' What can I say?  It fascinates me.  So I've been watching Black men who deem themselves 'Alpha males' or who propagate the idea of 'alpha males.'

Here are my observations:

First, let's define the alpha male.  The definition of an alpha male, as I understand it, is a male who dominates his position, or who dominates within a group in order to get what he wants, especially with regard to his social position, money, or women.

But, the examples of the behaviors I've seen must be poor examples, or my understanding of the definition of 'alpha male' is incorrect.  What I've seen lately is that there are so-called men, who claim to be 'alpha men', who beat their chests (metaphorically speaking), talks shit, marginalizes and tears women down, and play mind games in order to get what they want and/or to avoid responsibility for the results of their actions.  Further, these same men who claim to be 'alpha males' often don't have the desire, knowledge, skills or wherewithal to lead their women and children to be in a better position.

Pardon me, but my bullshit meter is off the charts on this, especially since an 'alpha male' may not have any particular feeling or moral compass around how he gets what he wants.

NEWSFLASH:  Men who are abusive, irresponsible, deceptive, demanding, violent, selfish and ego-driven aren't attractive to most reasonably sane women.  And, speaking as a woman, a man who belongs to the 'He-man Black Woman-Hating Club' isn't cute, nice or attractive to me.

Why?

The traits that seem to be popularly attributed to being an 'alpha male' aren't the same traits that will support a successful personal life, a fulfilling love/romantic life, and may contribute to family stress, higher odds of infidelity, divorce and overwork. (From:  How America Became Infatuated With a Cartoonish Idea of 'Alpha Males')

And remember this:  any relationship with an alpha male, no matter the nature of the relationship, will be only on his terms.

Now, that said, I have heard of Umar saying that he wants Black men to "re-claim their alpha."  I wonder, especially with the behaviors Umar has publicly displayed, which I have listed and described many times on this blog.  So, is Umar saying he wants men to jump up and down, scream, talk shit, be abusive to the very people who support them, tear people down, lie, and deceive?  Is that what he wants our boys to be?  If so, I don't see how that would be helpful to anyone.

Can someone explain to me how can having a slate of young Umars be good for us?




Trueblackanonymous You Tube Channel
@BLKAnonymous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Mamma Number Three...

A Fraction of A Man

Generic Order